fredag 9 december 2011

Lara Khoury (åh, vad fint)





BIO - Lara Khoury

‘After graduating from Esmod Paris in 2006, I started my career with the designer Elie Saab where I spent a fundamental year building a base in my knowledge and work experience.

After that, I was only eager to see what I could do on my own. That’s when I decided to start my own brand.

Throughout 2008 and 2009, my collections were produced under the brand name ‘ilk’. Although somewhat associated with a negative connotation, ‘ilk’ by definition, is used to designate, and therefore used for this purpose for my creations.

During this period, I was selected to showcase my work at Starch boutique: founded by Rabih Kayrouz and Tala Hajjar, it is a space dedicated to young Lebanese designers giving them a chance to shine, experiment and launch their careers.

That’s exactly what I did. It was the boost I needed to shift things into a higher gear, step it up to a higher level: the ‘ilk’ experimentation period was officially over, and a new different and mature period has begun. My collections now bear the new brand name ‘Lara Khoury’, and showcase in a new location, at 406, Gouraud Street, Gemmayzeh, Beirut.

Under ‘ilk’, I presented three very experimental (and therefore very different) collections. They helped me understand how my visions materialize, but even more so how I want them to materialize. They essentially made me discover the tools necessary to create, and they certainly gave me more insight as to what I really want from fashion. Once I had found my own style, my own identity, then and only then did I decide to launch ‘Lara Khoury’.

The brand name ‘Lara Khoury’ reveals a new face in the Lebanese fashion market. The style is experimental, extravagant, daring and borderline minimalist.

The potential clients are mostly artists, or any other person appreciative of art in its many forms, including fashion. Those clients’ motto tends to be: ‘the more experimental, the better’. Age is not a limiting factor, neither is size. Uniqueness and creativity are the sole common trait shared’.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar